Sunday, August 15, 2004

On my way to Volunteer work

Today I have to go to volunteer work with my fire fighting unit (Rachabopitr volunteer fire fighting) at Suankulab high school. The Suankulab high school holding a walk athon event for HM Queen's birtthday and also for the antidrug campaign and stuff. We are need for traffic control(blogging the roads).

Ok, in the morning I went to one of my friend's house (Nut). Suppose to be there at 5am but sunday morning traffic is little lighter than usual so i get there at 4.45am. He got a telephone call about fire broke out at the North Sathorn road. While he was in the shower, I listen to the volunteer rescue radio band. Volunteers are go and survey the area for the estimate area of fire, entrace, and water as usaual.

I kept listening until he came out of shower and another friend came (Nu). We decide to go to see the fire as we can go that way also to the Suankularb high school.

Say we went there unequip as our equipment is at the base station. We all go into a car with no hose, no fire fighting gear as we not plan to go out fighting fire.

Once we reach the place, found out that many firefighters are there at the scene already. good. But I really sorry for those who lost their home, office. I just hope that there is no one died there.

We stay there about 15 mins and move to our destination. The Suankularb High school. We got there about 5.30am. The event suppose to starts at 7.30 but I was told to be there around 5. but this is usual for the volunteer event, i didn't like it much but starts get used to it. could get me an hour more sleep :(

So in the mean time we have a chit chat with friends. I personally don't to the base much as the school and other stuff.

ok about 7.15 am start setting buddies and the positions in the crownd. No. of participant in this event is about 5000 people. After start walking for a while one of the sole of my shoe came off. Yes the entire sole came off and other side is half way ripping already. So get my other friend note to take my position and i went to sit in the ambulance instead of him.

i felt as i didn't help much today. but it starts to feel ok as half way through the old lady couldn't walk any longer so I took her on the ambulance. and nearly the end another boy was out also. he was nearly fainted before we came but luckily he got the ammonia already. once i took him on, ask if he wants the ammonia he said already had one and feeing better already. cool.

our job ended when we reached the school again. =)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home