Monday, February 28, 2005

1 Month in Cubical

Well it is roughly one month after entering workforce.

Feel that all you learnt at school is only 10% what u use in work. this may be i learn very little. Many trick of trade.. other documentations u have to do and the school never teach.

Most of my job is to contact with customers. Basically recive order, process order, confirm order and settle payments. I have touched very little on the document part as i have co worker to do them for me. Mostly few pices of items to prepare invoice and shipments.

But before BKK Gems and jewelry fair we have to make invoice for all of our items, which is about 900 pieces. We have to make the invoice matched with the items (off course) and we were going to make the pictures matched with the items as they are going to Hong Kong right after BKK Gems. But we didnt get that in time.

Lack of communication. I was doing same thing as my co worker. 1.5 days lost on that for nothing. No pictures no worries for Bkk fair as there is no shipments.

5 days at the fair.

1st day not many customers.
2nd day was little bit more as our exsisting customers from overseas arriving.
3 days is the new arriving of existing customers plus the customers that came yesterday.
4th day mostly come back to pay for the merchandises
5th packing.

all the days at the fair i have a chance to watch my boss deal with the clients. very good way to observe. I have to deal with a client also before my boss and her sister arrived at the booth. and Luckily his sister saved my skin before we close the deal. She want discount after discount... umm imagine that.. I gave her 50% off the tag price already as my boss allow me ... but she want more... because last time she had 40% discount and other 15%...

my boss's sister closed the deal for me for another 5% discount.... thank to her..

the problem was at the 5th day. As there are many changes on the invoices and stuff I have to make the pictures to match them. Actually i work with them on the 4th nite until 3am on the 5th day.. and still have some left over so i was going to do the remaining at the booth. but some how the pictures doesnt seems to matched with the invoice. so i have to recheck and recheck... 1st deadline for shipping company to send the baggages to the airport for handcarry to Hong Kong passed at 12.00, 2nd dead line passed. and the thrid and final dead line passed at 6pm.

the products couldnt process as hand carry anymore. Many stressed moments try to rush things and nothing come out right. So we have to send them as shipments.

the price for hand carry is $300 but shipment is $1000. I knew i blow it big time. I felt really bad for it. but my boss didnt say any thing. he says we was fault at the begging and such and way to solve it. but he didnt get angry at all.



Many lessons had learnt.

the thing they want is not the perfect one. They just need an ok result within the right time.

if you dont know pls ask... even though i ask alot still has many problems


ahhh things should be improved next time ;)

Comments:
Everyone have to be do sth wrong then they will know it...... Life always like this

don't be serious. You already do your best.

Take care
 
sounds like you're learning a lot very quickly about the export market. maybe we'll get to work together in the future. =)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home