Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Apply for VisA to US

Well, today I have quite bad experience in applying visa to the states. I thought I have all the documents with me. The application form is downloaded from the embassy website.

Sounds ok right ? I arrived to the embassy around 8.30am I know it's quite late but nevermind. As confindense that I would be ok once I submit the papers to the officers and wait for the interview.

The queue is moving 2m. an hour. Around 10.30 am I was half way to the window. And feeling bored and slow with the line I'm standing so I moved to the other line. PPl start joining me. The guy in front of me got to the embassy at 7 am. and the lady who followed me was also there at 7. After we have exchange conversation I found out that the guy infront of me came there for the second day as his form didnt have the barcode. Opps that's the same case I have. I download the form in the website in PDF format and filled out the form but it didnt have the barcode. I didnt have my pictures glued on. So I came back out.

After all that time is wasted.

to download form:

first of all go to http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/services/visa/n_immigrantF.htm
download the 156 and 157 form. JUST FILL out 157 best download in word version.

Next go to http://evisaforms.state.gov/ and fill out the form and submit it This you will get 156 with barcode

-next you need to take 2 inch x 2 inch photo in white background.
-bank statement original
-residential document origial
-letter from you employer state how long have you been working with the company, what is ur salary and how long is you maximum vacation.
-birth certificate original
-pay $100 or 4000 baht at the post office. include the original slip with the form

all the documents are to be return to you.

I also have military document with me just incase.

This should be ok to apply. The visa section is opens from 7 - 9 am and it's accross from the embassy.

PS
The bad part is they take out all my electronic devices from me and left them at the door. I do understand for the security reasons. But waiting that long without be able to call anyone and couldnt play game on my pda is really bored.

Comments:
That was so bad na.....

I ever did that before but luckily that i been only one time since my sister worked at Embassy of Chile so she know about the process.

When you will go to US la ka ?
 
They took original documents? I don't like this rule...do they response if they lost?

However, I don't think I will go to US :P

Anyways, Have a nice trip na ka ^^
 
PIA, I am going to CHILE on 20 - 27 (arriving in BKK on 29) Las Vegas June 1 - June 5

Pook: Yeah I dont like it either but what can i do? I xerox all the documents incase i lost it :( guessed that's all i can do to retrive my documents.

thanks pook ;) Should be fun at Las Vegas.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home